In answer to many requests, I’ve added this resources page to list books, programs, podcasts and websites that have inspired me over the years. I am certain that I have forgotten many, and some books may be out of print, but they are all gems.
Yoga books that I have used for teacher training and yoga sutra study are also listed, although I have probably missed some from over the years.
- Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Yoga, the Path to Holistic Health by BKS Iyengar
Anatomy and Physiology
- Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga by Ray Long, MD
- Your Body and How it Works by J.D. Ratcliff
- YogaBody by Judith Hanson Lasater
- A Matter of Health by Krishna Raman
Yoga Sutras Of Patanjali commentaries And Yoga Philosophy
- Light on the Yoga Sutras by BKS Iyengar
- How to Know God by S. Prabhavananda and C. Isherwood
- The Secret Power of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali Edwin F. Bryant
- This is Reality Roy Eugene Davis
- The Essence of Yoga by Bernard Bouanchaud
- The Tree of Yoga by BKS Iyengar
- Living Your Yoga by Judith Hanson Lasater
Special Focus/ Therapeutics
- Innovative Methods of Healing the Addict: An Abstract by Fr. Joe Pereira
- Yoga, A Path to Holistic Health by BKS Iyengar
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater
- Back Care Basics by Mary Schatz, MD
- Listen to Your Pain by Ben Benjamin
Consciousness/ New Science
- The Biology of Belief – Dr. Bruce Lipton
- You are the Placebo – Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Gaia TV series REWIRED with Dr. Joe Dispenza
I CANNOT recommend this series enough if you like science. Scientific validation of Yoga principles relating to Consciousness, energy, and matter.
podcast: dr joe dispenza
- Podcast: Dr. Rangan Chatterfee, good interviews with leaders in health, science and practical advice
- Podcast: Next Level Soul with Alex Ferrarri; from science to psychics to NDE’s. Fun interviews for the open minded.